thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 14:13:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]beckett crosses the threshold, exhaling a held breath when he doesn't burst into flames. he lingers for a moment, lost in thought, before shrugging and entering the church of arceus.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 14:37:22 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

“COME JOIN ME, MY SON.
JOIN ME IN THE HARD EMBRACE OF ARCEUS' TEN THOUSAND HANDS.”

It's a slow day in the church. A weekday, to be exact. In the city of Sootopolis people were going about their business as usual. Living their pre-wrote lives, working their nine to fives. Bill schedule was looser, and his path far from predetermined. 

His return to Hoenn had been a transfer. He kept the title, the contacts, and was set up in place of the former Sootopolis minister. The old man had conveniently been in dire need of a replacement.

The church was empty aside from Bill, and he leaned back in an age-worn pew. The air smelled of salt and dry hymn sheets. It's like I never left, Bill thought. Like the whole place has been preserved, waiting for me. The thought was uncomfortable. Not worrying, but worth revisitng later. Stagnancy was unacceptable. 

Someone entered the church, letting out a simple breath that was music to Bill's ears. It was the sound of a man with plenty on his mind, and the world on his shoulders. Bill turned to Theo, giving him a fatherly smile.
"Welcome home, my son. You look tired! Come, pull up a pew." 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 14:41:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]does he look tired?

always.

beckett shrugs off the fatherly smile, practically ignores it as he reaches for one of the pews. he turns, sits, and sighs.

"you have a beautiful church, father."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 14:49:16 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"you have a beautiful church, father."

"Thank you, though it could do with a bit of a facelift. Always room for improvement, isn't there?" It was an understatement. The only thing worth keeping was the stained glass, and even then it was starting to warp at the base. Bill turned to better face the welcome newcomer.

"Is that why you're here?" Bill asked. He peered into Theo's tired eyes, searching for the lever. "Self-improvement? Or perhaps you're looking for answers."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 14:51:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]not self-improvement nor answers, no. he turns to meet bill's searching gaze.

"i'm here for forgiveness."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 15:00:16 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"i'm here for forgiveness."

Bill nodded. He had listened to ten thousand pleas for forgiveness when he worked in Eterna.  I wonder if this well dressed city boy has something exciting to confess. Another thrilling case of white collar fraud perhaps?

"I can offer the same as any Church of Arceus," Bill promised. "Judgement."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 15:05:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"that's fine."

he leans back, settling uncomfortably into the pew. he clears his throat.

"where do we start?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 15:34:52 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"where do we start?"

"Start with what brought you here, and move backwards," Bill said, leaning back. It was an old trick, but a solid one. People were often adept at building lies chronologically, but making up a convincing story starting at the conclusion? Impossible.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 15:38:29 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"in all honesty, father, i came here to meet you."

he reaches a hand into his blazer, fishing for a cigarette. he doesn't light it just yet, perhaps not wanting to insult.

"merlino's told me a bit about you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 15:49:55 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"in all honesty, father, i came here to meet you."
"If  you know Merlino, then you're family," Bill said. At the sound of the safeword, Abigail the Salazzle slithered out from behind the pulpit. She eyed Theo's cigarette hungrily. Just like the old Abigail, Bill thought. Strange how things line up.

Abigail's scorching tongue flickered out and over the end of Theo's cigarette, lighting it with burning saliva. "Well go on," Bill said, as the caustic smoke twirled upwards like Rocket incense, "it can't be any more deadly."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 16:02:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a flick of a tongue lights the cigarette. he pulls back, taking a drag before exhaling smoke that falls around them.

"name's beckett."

no hand is offered. another cigarette is, however.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 16:21:18 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

Bill took the cigarette like he would a business card. He looked at it for a moment, before tossing it to Abigail. Her too-bright tongue flicked out, catching the cigarette and recoiling into her mouth. Abigail chewed twice, her jaws shredding the tobacco and paper like a Krookodile splintering a Blitzle's leg bone. She swallowed and exhaled smokelessly.

"Not for me anymore, Beckett. Thank you though." 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 13:26:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]beckett watches helplessly as the offered cigarette is tossed aside, discarded to the trash can of a salazzle. he grimaces slightly.

"ah."

anyways.

"what brings you back to hoenn?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 14:57:00 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar
X

"Declan," Bill said simply. "Though I have been wanting to return for a few years now." He shrugged, an extraordinarily  well practiced gesture. There was no hint of tension in his shoulders, only a languid, casual confidence.

"I spent the last thirteen years in Sinnoh; where I was needed. And now I'm needed in Hoenn. We both know personal preference doesn't factor into it, but I like to think that the Lord pulled a few strings."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
sinner
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 15:04:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"that's nice."

beckett cares little for faith, for whatever beliefs bill chooses to believe in. all that matters that they're on the same side and that they're striving for the same thing.

his next question is free of judgment, only mere curiosity.

"what does walsh see in you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]